mardi 21 octobre 2008

I believe in the sun, even though it doesn’t shine


Example of faith was found on the wall of a concentration camp. On it a prisoner had carved the words:
I believe in the sun, even though it doesn’t shine.
I believe in love, even when it isn’t shown.
I believe in God, even when he doesn’t speak.

Try to imagine the person who etched those words. Try to envision his skeletal hand gripping the broken glass or stone that cut into the wall. Try to imagine his eyes squinting through the darkness as he carved each letter.
What hand could have cut such a conviction?
What eyes could have seen good in such a horror?
There is only one answer: Eyes that see the unseen.

As Paul wrote: “We set our eyes not on what we see but on what we cannot see. What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever” (2 Corinthians 4: 18).

Jesus is asking you and me to see the unseen.
To make a choice.
Either to live by the facts or to see by faith.
When tragedy strikes we are left to choose what we see.
We can see either the hurt or the Healer.
The choice is ours.

Some of his work you have seen. Most of it you haven’t. Only when you get home will you know how many times he has protected you from luring voices. Only eternity will reveal the time he:
Interfered with the transfer, protecting you from involvement in unethical business.
Fogged in the airport, distancing you from a shady opportunity.
Flattened your tire, preventing you from checking into the hotel and meeting a seductive man.

And only heaven will show the times he protected you by:
Giving you a mate who loves God more than you do.
Opening the door for a new business so you could attend the same church.
Having the right voice with the right message on the right radio station the day you needed his encouragement.

Mark it down: God knows you and I are blind. He knows living by faith and not by sight doesn’t come naturally.
And I think that’s one reason he raised Jairus’ daughter from the dead. Not for her sake – she was better off in heaven. But for our sake –to teach us that heaven sees when we trust.

Based on a chapter By Max Lucado

2 commentaires:

Bondo2 a dit…

heeey comment vas tu ? sorry it has been a long time since I passed , I couldn't read the last post :D can you make the background lighter , but this is the first time I read the header .. and I enjoyed it . how's life ? see you soon mmm maybe 5 days keda :D
take care , bye

Christa a dit…

Hello my very dear friend
je vais bien merci et toi?

so sorry for not being there, I sent you a message explaining... Hope it was just perfect!

I'm glad you liked the header, I'll try to change the colors...